The 3D Viewer App Services lets end-users upload, visualize, and operate on 3D files and 2D Drawing files in your application. Users can perform tasks such as navigating the model product structure tree and the product manufacturing information (PMI) tree, creating section views, 2D markups, and much more. From a Maker perspective, the 3D Viewer App Services does the heavy-lifting for you so you do not have to build a 3D-rendering engine from scratch - simply drag-and-drop, configure, and you're good to go.
In addition, we have two other visualization services to help you build your 3D visualization applications:
3D Viewer Sample App provides examples of how to use the 3D Viewer service, it serves as a good starting point for developing your own 3D visualisation application.
3D Viewer for Teamcenter is an add-on module for 3D Viewer service. It includes out-of-box Microflows and Nanoflows to make it super easy to search and fetch models from your Teamcenter instance, then the fetched model can be visualized by using 3D Viewer widgets.
If you are new to Mendix, we offer a learning course to help you build a 3D Visualization application step by step.
Go and make it!
- To try the demo app, sign in with below demo account information
- Username: 3DViewer
- Password: 3DViewer
- Please see 3D Viewer documentation in the Mendix documentation for details
- To see how 3D Viewer is used in a Mendix project, download 3D Viewer Sample App project and have a try in Mendix Studio Pro.
- If you would like to use 3D Viewer API programmatically, see Mendix documentation for details.
- For more information on support(license, issue report, Q&A), you can access our customer support center.