Twilio Whatsapp Messaging
Sending WhatsApp messages with Twilio Programmable Messaging globally with the Twilio API for WhatsApp directly in your Mendix application.
Typical usage scenario
To send programmable messaging to WhatsApp globally.
Features and limitations
Messaging globally with the Twilio API for WhatsApp directly.
Twilio Module (https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/component/109621)
Mendix Modeler - 8.18.1 (https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/studiopro/8.18.1)
This module supports from 8.18.1 Mendix Modeler version.
1. Download this Module in your application (Supports from 8.18.1).
2. Dependencies: Twilio Module (https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/component/109621).
3. open the Encryption/Consts folder. In the EncryptionKey constant, add a 16 character string. Make sure it's 16 characters. This is the key that will encrypt your twilio API key.
4. Go to twilio.com (https://www.twilio.com/) and sign up for an account, if twilio account is not setted up.
5. Copy Account SID and Auth Token from Twilio dashboard.
6. Now click on Three dots, on left hand side of Twilio navigation -> Then choose Phone Numbers -> Verified Caller IDs -> Click on Plus icon -> Choose country & enter mobile number for verification (NOTE: Make sure whatever contact number you are trying to verify, should be the active WhatsApp number)
7. Now click on Three dots, on left hand side of Twilio navigation -> Then choose Programmable Messaging -> Try it Out -> Try WhatsApp -> Save the whatsapp number which Twilio has provided and note down the Twilio Sandbox command.(This command needs to be send in Twilio whatsapp chat once for every 24 hours)
8. Go to Navigation in Project -> Add New item -> Add Credential_Overview to the responsive menu list.
6. Create another entry for the menu pointing to the TestWhatsappSMS located in the _Use Me folder of TwilioWhatsappConnector module.
7. Run the application. For testing go ahead and run locally.
8. Navigate to the Credential overview page. Create a new credential entry. *Make note of the name you give the entry as you fill in the fields*.
9. Send a test message by entering the reference to the credential, enter the destination number (Which you verified in step:6)(Use the plus sign for the destination number, yup that means for Indians: +918887654345, to Americans! Example:+15551212 for USA, +314444444 for NL) and type some message.
10. Click the Send button. If the configured data's in step : 8 & 9 are valid, then you should receive Message to your verified Whatsapp number.