Dataview Loader widget
When you retrieve large amounts of data, especially with integrations, it takes a while for the pages to load, and the Users can't see or do anything. Mendix shows a loader until ALL data is retrieved, and only then it shows the complete page.
Wouldn't it be better if we could show the User part of the page as it loads, and then the rest once the retrieve over integration is complete?
This widget allows you to show the User parts of the page directly data is retrieved, with individual elements showing a loader.
Typical usage scenario
You have data that is hard in showing on the page because of
- Integrations from external systems
- Hard data calculations
- Custom search functionality
- Lazy loading
Or it's just a lot of data and you want your users to show the page directly but give feedback that the data will come later.
Features and limitations
This widget executes the microflow containing the integration and fetches the required page and is showing a loader image until the page is fetched. Than the content of the part is shown.
- Let the user show content directly but load content that are slow in retrieving.
- Showing a loader image until the data is done.
- The loader is based on CSS3 animation. The color or appereance can be changed with CSS.
- Fade in the content after loading
- Just download the widget from the appstore!
- Place the widget in a dataview.
- Make a page in a popuplayout containing the dataview of the object where the widget is standing in.
- Make the microflow that will executes the data retrieval.
- Configure the widget with the page and optionally the microflow and the return entity.
- To track conditional visibility enable the property 'Visibility handling'. This is also applied when using tabpages.
- Take control on the refreshes based on a boolean attribute of the context object. The widget will restart loading when the boolean attribute is set on true.
- The usage of the dynamic page loading is done with the Result Page Microflow which the the dataview object and must return the page name according the format "module/pagina.page.xml"