A Mendix widget to grab an element (or the whole screen) and write it to a PDF.
This widget works by creating a screenshot of the specified target div and laying it onto a PDF. This happens 100% client side.
A user wants a local copy of an on-screen page. Instead of building a document template trying to mimic the exact on-screen page, you can provide a "download" button using this widget to generate a PDF and download it to the user's machine.
- This widget renders a button on the page, so place it where you want the button.
- Configure the widget
- Page Orientation: choose a portrait or landscape orientation
- Processing Type: choose to process as JPEG or PNG
- Class of area to print: The class added to the container of the area to be printed. This way you can print only a certain pane on the screen (e.g. to ignore menus). The chosen frame will be printed at its full height on multiple pages. Note: this can be used like a CSS selector, except that the widget will add a dot to the front of your selector (e.g.: scrollContent > .mx-scrollcontainer-wrapper). See the test project for an example.
- Button Text: the label of the button rendered by the widget
- Filename Prefix: The prefix of the filename. A timestamp will be added along with the appropriate file extension.