Any Search for Mendix
Search quickly and easily through all data and documents in your Mendix application Increase user-friendliness by simplifying navigation. Index all information, including all documents. When to use · Find documents and data faster in your application · Find documents and data faster in documents that are located in documents in your application · If you want to navigate faster within the application · If you want to offer a better user experience What does the “Any Search for Mendix” module entail? · The module indexes your database (data and documents) and ensures that your users quickly find what they are looking for. · As a developer, you can influence on the so-called weight factor of a certain object (for example, a match by customer name outweighs address). For whom · End-users of every application. · Developers who want to implement search functions. Benefits · Ease of use: With the click of a button, you get detailed information about what you are looking for. · Complete: A single action allows you to search through different types of data. Includes both data (e.g., customers, orders, etc.) and documents (e.g., quotations, letters, etc.). · Speed: Great performance because all information is indexed Costs: * Contact our sales at email@example.com, we have subscription starting from € 1442,- euro / year for one application up to as many applications as you wish. The fees are yearly and paid upfront, just like Mendix. For the fee we make sure the module stays up-to-date with the latest Mendix releases, we provide support and release new functionalities.
- Delete the old approntospotlightsearch.jar
- Mendix 8.18.0+
- MxModelReflection (probably already in your project)
- Appronto Licenser
- Fix possible layout errors (we used default Atlas UI)
- Map the Configurator module role to your applications administrator user role
- Map the User module role to every user role which will be able to search
- From the USE_ME folder:
- Add the ASU_SpotlightSearch to your after startup
- Add the BSD_CreateBackup to your before shutdown
- Add the SpotlightSearchConfig_Overview to your navigation
- Add the SN_Search snippet to the forms or layouts you want to have the search available in. Most times you want to add this to a header of your layout.
- Start the project and login as administrator.
- Go to the SpotlightSearchConfig_Overview form and add indexes
- Type something in the Spotlight Search field and check if everything is working!
- Apply custom CSS styling dependent on the position of the search.
- Note: to run the module in the cloud and/or production you’ll need a license. In development on your local machine the module will run without license. You can obtain a free license for cloud Test and Acceptance environments. For production license please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.