This module is to change Theme of your application. It provides two types of functionality-
- Administrator can upload the images and only he has the right to change the theme. The theme choose by administrator will be applicable for all the users.
- Administrator can upload the images and every user has the right to change the theme according to his/her choice.
The Theme Customizer application is an innovative tool that allows users to effortlessly change the background theme of their app. With just a few simple clicks, users can explore a wide range of background themes.
Typical usage scenario
Theme Customizer module goes beyond standard customization options by enabling users to change the background theme of their app. The module provides us two types of Customizers-
- Theme change by administrator- Administrator can upload the images and only he has the right to change the Theme and it will be available for all the users.
- Theme change by users- Administrator can upload the images and every user has the right to change the Theme according to his/her choice.
Features and limitations
- The app provides a user-friendly and intuitive interface, making it easy for users to navigate and customize their themes effortlessly.
- Users can see instant visual changes and updates to their theme in real-time, enabling them to make informed customization decisions.
- Required Mendix 9.1.0or above
- Required Community Commons Module
- Download the module from marketplace.
- Import it in your application.
- Download Community Commons from the marketplace.
- Create “Many-to-one” association between Account and Theme entity. Re-name the Association to Account_Theme and Click on continue.
- Set security roles. For Administrator it should be ThemeCustomizer.Administrator and for User it should be ThemeCustomizer.User.
- Theme changes by Administrator-
- In Folder By_Administrator, in overview pages you will find a page- Theme_Administrator_Overview and in folder USE_ME -> Pages, a page Theme_Settings_By_Administrator. Add these pages to Navigation.
- In the USE_ME-> Snippet folder you will find a snippet named SNP_UseForAdministrator. Drag it and drop it into the home page of your application.
- Open ACT_SetBackground_By_Administrator nanoflow, and change the Home Page (if you are using a different home page).
- Run your application. Login as Admin. Go to Theme Administrator Overview and add some Images.
- Go to Theme Settings page and choose image which you want to select and click on Change background.
- Theme changes by Users-
- In Folder By_ParticularUser, in overview pages you will find a page- Theme_Overview and in folder USE_ME -> Pages, a page Theme_Settings_By_All. Add these pages to Navigation.
- In the USE_ME-> Snippet folder you will find a snippet named SNP_UseForAll. Drag it and drop it into the home page of your application.
- Open ACT_SetBackground microflow, and change the Home Page (if you are using a different home page).
- Run your application. Login as Admin. Go to Theme Overview and add some pictures.
- Now User login and view Theme_Settings Page. On that page he/she needs to click on Change background button and background of the app will be changed.