Microsoft Graph Applications
Microsoft Graph is the gateway to data and intelligence in Microsoft 365. Application registration involves telling Azure AD about your application, including the URL where it's located, the URL to send replies after authentication, the URI to identify your application, and more. You can use the application APIs in Microsoft Graph to manage applications programmatically.
In order to delegate identity and access management functions to Azure AD, an application must be registered with an Azure AD tenant. When you register your application with Azure AD, you're creating an identity configuration for your application that allows it to integrate with Azure AD.
Why use applications and associated resources?
The Microsoft Graph APIs enable you to manage these resources and actions related to applications in Azure Active Directory:
- Application management - Azure AD must be configured to integrate with an application. In other words, it needs to know what applications are using it as an identity system. The process of keeping Azure AD aware of these applications, and how it should handle them, is known as application management.
- On-premises publishing - On-premises agents (or connectors for Application Proxy) installed by a tenant administrator can be configured to route requests to a particular published resource.
- Service principal management - The local representation, or application instance, of a global application object in a single tenant or directory. A service principal is a concrete instance created from the application object and inherits certain properties from that application object.
- Synchronization - Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) identity synchronization (also called provisioning) allows you to automate the creation, maintenance, and removal of identities in the cloud.
Typical usage scenario
Manage the your App Registrations and Enterprise Applications in your Mendix app. Configure Azure AD SSO for you Mendix app through a Mendix app
Features and limitations
- Retrieve, Create, Delete or Update Applications
- Retrieve, Create, Delete or Update Service Principals
- Add Certificates and Key Credentials to your Applications
- Studio Pro 9.18.7
- Microsoft Graph Connector 3.0.0 or higher
This Module depends on the Microsoft Graph Connector. Install the Microsoft Graph module including its dependencies before installing this module or to resolve errors that are a result of not installing the dependencies.
This module contains a number of exposed microflow actions that can be found in the _USE_ME folder of the module and in the Toolbox in the Microsoft Graph Outlook section when editing a microflow. Within your own microflows you can either use these microflows as is or created copies that you can modify to your use case.
Using these microflows will always require at least a successful Authorization object that is used to let Microsoft Graph know you have authorization to call the endpoint.