Native custom sync demo
This demo is part of the Lightning-Fast Native Sync for Large Data Sets MxLive session
Typical usage scenario
When the amount of data in your native app increases, so does the synchronization time. Especially large master data tables have their changes only in the recent items.
The default Mendix sync clears all data and then downloads it again. If your master table has 20.000 objects, these will all be downloaded with every sync.
However you can take control of synchronization and perform an incremental sync after the initial full sync. Watch the video for the explanation and play with the demo to get the hang of it.
Features and limitations
- Super fast incremental synchronization of large datasets
- Show a progress bar during synchronization.
- If there is a lot of data to sync, for example after logging in the first time, the user will get feedback on this situation.
- Domain model changes will cause custom synced data to be deleted from the device. The demo app has a solution for this, it is explained in the video as well.
- Be sure to check on the part about deleting data from the app.
- Sync to Device will cause an object to be deleted from the device if it is deleted in the same microflow
- Use an IsDeleted flag, or a status enum to change the object in such a way that the user is no longer authorized to it. Including it in Sync to Device will cause it to be removed from the device only.
None, standalone sample app
Create a new app using this sample