Simple get country info from RestCountries API. You can search by country code (Alpha2Code or Alpha3Code), calling code, currency, name, language, capital, region or regional block. Only need some info, but not all? Simply filter on fields by entering a comma seperated list of field names (see restcountries.com for field names). All calls will return a list of countries (when available).
Simple get country info from RestCountries API. You can search by country code (Alpha2Code or Alpha3Code), calling code, currency, name, language, capital, region or regional block.
Only need some info, but not all? Simply filter on fields by entering a comma seperated list of field names (see restcountries.com for field names).
All calls will return a list of countries (when available).
Typical usage scenario
Do you want to check some info on a country? What is the country flag, what is the used currency, what borders does the country have, what languages are there, what timezones,…..
Features and limitations
Get country information by one of the listed parameters.
Get all countries availabe.
Use Alpha2Code of Alpha3Code. Like NL or NLD. You can request multiple by using a comma seperated list of code like nl,be,gb,lu.
- Calling code
Use the calling code. Like 31 or 32 (without + or 00)
Use acapital city of the country. Like Amsterdam.
Use a currency. Like EUR.
Use a language. Like nl or nld.
Use a country name (English or native). Like Netherlands or Nederland
Use a region. The options are:
- Regional bloc
Use a regional bloc. The options are:
- EU (European Union)
- EFTA (European Free Trade Association)
- CARICOM (Caribbean Community)
- PA (Pacific Alliance)
- AU (African Union)
- USAN (Union of South American Nations)
- EEU (Eurasian Economic Union)
- AL (Arab League)
- ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)
- CAIS (Central American Integration System)
- CEFTA (Central European Free Trade Agreement)
- NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement)
- SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation)
- Mendix 8.12.1+
- RestCountries.eu API
Simply import the module into your project.
No configuration needed!
- Create a CountrySearch entity. Use the three attributes:
String to search for.
- FieldFilter (can be empty)
Comma seperated list of fields. Like name,capital,currencies,languages
Enumeration with all endpoints.
- Call microflow GetCountries with CountrySearch as parameter.
The microflow will return the list of countries. The list will also be associated with the CountrySearch object.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Do I need an account for RestCountries API?
- A: No! At this moment it is a free service! Their statement:
"The restcountries project has been acquired by apilayer, one of the leading providers of API microservices. We will keep supporting restcountries and providing it as a free solution for developers. We will finance this project fully and have turned off the donations feature.”