React Drag/Drop demo/starter
Demo project for the React Drag/Drop widget. Get to know the widget. Helps you get started in your own project
The React Drag/Drop widget provides Drag/Drop support using the new pluggable widget architecture.
This widget does take some getting used to. That is where this demo/starter app comes in. It is a working demo for these usecases:
- Drag items from a list of available items onto a parent or existing child items
- Drag items to reorder them
- Control which item is allowed to be dropped on each container.
- Drag images onto a floorplan or similar and arrange the items on the canvas.
- Create a sidebar with template items.
- While dragging a template onto the canvas, show it correctly sized for the image and zoom setting.
- Allow single or multi selection of the items on the canvas
- Show a grid over the canvas
- Rotate image items by dragging a rotation handle
- Drag a selection area across the background to select markers
- Scroll/zoom to a marker or selection
The demo project provides microflows you can copy and adapt to your situation.
It also provides Java action RetrieveObjectByGUID which allows retrieval of an object using a GUID, used a lot with this widget, usable in other situations too.