Mendix "Language Selector" module
This module is a ready-to-use 'Language Selector' drop-down widget which you can easily include in your application. The available languages are the ones configured in Mendix Studio Pro.
ACT__LoadLanguagesmicroflow has to be executed each time you add / remove a language in Mendix Studio Pro ; either you set it as a startup script, either you execute it manually on your app; it will detect the languages you configured in Mendix Studio (
System.Languageentities), and create 1 item for each language. The code of
System.Language("en_US", "fr_FR"...) is copied in
Language.Valueattribute so you can change the label to use something more user-friendly. By default, the last 2 letters of the language code are retained.
- Just add the
LanguageSelectorsnippet somewhere in your application (for example in global layout, so the user will always see it).
- If needed, you can add the
LanguagesOverviewsnippet to your application, so administrators can update / delete / reload languages
- Changing the language in the drop down will automatically refresh the UI.
- The dropdown works with anonymous users too
- Feel free to download the project from Github, there's a runnable demo inside
SwtichLanguageto find the one which works for you.
- Version 1.x.x : Mendix 8+
- Version 2.x.x : Mendix 9+