This module enables you to maintain all entities of the Mendix module ‘System’, which exists in every app.
This includes creation and maintenance of user accounts, their roles and (re-)setting passwords.
Typical usage scenario
- Add user account management;
- Add user account info in the menubar and a popup with detailed information + sign-out button
- Add environment information and isProduction-check and environment specific label and styling;
- Add a system message option to your application;
- Add a demo user account switching option to your application;
- Add in app graphs of table-growth for entities you specify
- Replacing module Administration with a better performant, easier to understand user account management having less tech debt.
See ‘Snip_ReadMe_SystemManagement’ for a complete description.
This module has two dependencies community-commons and OQL.
OQL is optional and easily removed if you don’t need it. Simply remove the OQL-snippet.
The quick&easy installation:
- Install this module
- Add Snip_SystemManagement_Overview to a page of your choice
- Add the module roles Administrator, User and Anonymous to your project roles.
That’s all you need to do. If you want more fine-tuning:
1) Pick and choose the snippets in folder "_Use me" and place them on pages of your choice. Each snippet enables your to view and or maintain one or several of the system-modules entities.
2) Replace the systemManagement Popup-layout by your own, to give this modules popup-pages your app’s look and feel and to have one less popup-layout to worry about:
* Drag and drop PopupLayoutSysMan to Atlas_UI_Resources
* Delete PopupLayoutSysMan
* Rename your project's standard layout to PopupLayoutSysMan and rename your layout back to its original value.
NB. if you later reinstall SystemManagement module, you will have to perform this step again.
Modify your page-template (Atlas_Top for instance). First add a column to the right and add these two snippets
Then under the menu bar add SystemManagement.Snip_ShowActiveSM