From Mendix 8.2.x and upwards it is possible to to add standard Mendix components to widgets. This Dropdown Container will behave as a dropdown button, but you can model the inside of the container using Mendix Studio Pro.
NOTE 1: A Pluggable widget (as of now) can only contain other pluggable components like buttons and texts. You cannot add listviews. This is a limitation in the platform, not the widget. See here
UPDATE 1: It seems that the capabilities for containment area's (that is used in this widget) is improved in Mendix Studio 8.10. If you have issues, please update to at least 8.10.
NOTE 2: There seems to be an issue with rendering a Dropdown Container is a table (Platform issue). Advice: Update to 8.11, it seems that some issues were found with the pluggable widgets regarding this, should be fixed in that version.
- Put Mendix elements in a dropdown
- Split button, have an action button next to a dropdown indicator
- Button text is a dynamic text, you can use a text template (and attributes from your context)
- Standard Bootstrap styles (colors, sizes)
- In Mendix 8.2.2 it is not possible to use a snippet inside the dropdown container. This is currently a limitation in the platform, not the widget.
- It is not (yet) possible to model the content of the widget in Mendix Studio. This will hopefully be fixed in the future.
Place the widget inside or outside a context object, based on if you need this for your buttonn text.
- Button text is dynamic, meaning you can use attributes from a context object
- You can add a glyphicon to the left
- If you would like to add an extra action to the dropdown, you can use a Split button.
Test-project can be found here: https://dropdownpluginwidg-sandbox.mxapps.io
- (Platform issue) A Dropdown container cannot be used directly in a table. See #1 and the top of this README. You are adviced to update to Mendix Studio 8.11, that should fix this issue.
Issues, suggestions and feature requests
Please report your issues/suggestions here